Disclaimer: Some of the links within this blog post are affiliate links, which means if you end up clicking through and making a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you
2. Comment on pins. Not a lot of people comment so the comments stand out and people who might not be following you yet might take notice and the people you are following probably don’t get a lot of comments. It’s a nice way to increase interaction with you and your followers.
3. consistently pin things You don’t want your followers to forget you are on Pinterest. I try to get on Pinterest everyday even if just to post a couple things and do a little re-pinning.
4. Don’t over pin! If you’ve been on Pinterest before where someone has pinned 100 similar items at once and it takes up most of your feed, you know that’s annoying,, try not to be annoying.
5. Your board is most important. It should be the first board people see when the click on your Pinterest Page. If it’s not, move your boards around. You want to drive people to your site and make it easy to find your content.
6.Join Group boards! This helps more people see your pins but you need to post regularly to them, I need to get better about this. I’m in a few group boards but I don’t join every board I’m invited to because they don’t fit me.
7.Put your group boards at the bottom! People don’t wan’t to scroll through all your group boards. so group them together at the bottom.
8.Arrange your Pinterest page so it makes sense for your followers! The order that works the best for me are first Board/boards that link back to your site. second boards that are about topics that interest your readers. Then last group boards.
9. Link your Pinterest with your Twitter and Facebook! Here is a great article about it here!
10. Have a pin it button on your site! Make it easy for your readers to pin your content. There are a million tutorials on this so search for one that works for you.
11. Add descriptions with key words to be found! Include a couple key words that would be what your readers would search Pinterest for to find your post. Like for this post I will include the term Pinterest tips in the description.
12. Use schedulers to pin more and throughout the day! This is so important if you want to pin a lot. Right now I pin over 200 pins a day. I can do that because I use a scheduler. I will post more on schedulers soon.
13. Have a good title and board descriptions! This is similar to tip #11 but still important to mention. For all of your boards if you want them to be found so you can get more repins you need to use keywords and good descriptions.
14. Set up rich pins for better impressions and more clicks! It really is helpful to growing your Pinterest
15. Only create vertical images to pin for your posts! Vertical images stand out better and get more repins and click throughs. So make your images taller.