Like you, I too was dying to know the By Sophia Lee Pinterest strategy. I admit I was initially unfair to Sophia, blogger at BySophiaLee.com. I first came across her because I was researching blog income reports, and discovered she made a whopping $12,000 a MONTH just 1 year and 9 months into her blogging journey—all while attending college full-time.
I was immediately impressed, envious, and even suspicious of her success. I've been blogging professionally since 2012. I was able to grow one of my blogs to $6,000 a month in 3 years and eventually sell it. But…I've been having trouble replicating that success with other blogs I've owned for 3 years now. How could this college student achieve such massive success (SIX figures as YEAR) on her FIRST blog?
Table of Contents
Researching the By Sophia Lee Pinterest Strategy—And Why I DIDN'T Want to Buy Perfecting Pinterest
So I started researching the By Sophia Lee Pinterest strategy. Based on her blog posts and a video on her YouTube channel, she took the course Pinteresting Strategies and loved it. Well, I've taken that course too and still wasn't able to get as much traffic from Pinterest as Sophia gets.
Then, I saw that Sophia released a course in 2020 called Perfecting Pinterest that details her exact Pinterest strategy. It originally launched at $97. I wanted to buy it…but:
- I couldn't get over that she had just graduated from college and this was her first successful blog. What could a recent college graduate know that I, a veteran blogger for 8 years, possibly know that I didn't??
- I figured that because she took Pinteresting Strategies, her course would just rehash what was taught in Pinteresting Strategies.
So I didn't buy it. And the price went up from $97 to $129. And I was like, “Ugh, well, now I really don't wanna buy it.”
But then in January 2021, Sophia held a 21% off sale, and I was able to snag it for about $102. Curiosity got the best of me. I was already seeing success with Pinteresting Strategies, but not as much success as Sophia, and I wanted to know her secrets.
Because her course is so new, I couldn't find a Perfecting Pinterest review before I bought it. So I was like, “Ya know what? I'll take the course and write a review for my readers.”
Perfecting Pinterest Review Based on My Experience
How Perfecting Pinterest Is Set Up
Perfecting Pinterest is hosted on Teachable, a popular online course platform, and is broken down into modules of video lessons accompanied by text.
Here are the modules included in Perfecting Pinterest:
- Welcome to the Perfecting Pinterest Master Course!
- The 4 Things You MUST Know About Pinterest (and what I wish I knew before starting my Pinterest account)
- You NEED To Be Doing This On Your Blog To Rank On Pinterest…
- How To Set Up A Pinterest Business Account + The Steps You Can’t Forget
- My Method For Creating Pinterest Boards
- How I Actually Create My Pins
- My Secrets To Uploading Pins To Pinterest
- You Need To Keep It Fresh
- That’s A Wrap
How Long It Took Me to Complete Perfecting Pinterest
I timed it. It took me about 3.5 hours to complete the Perfecting Pinterest course. Here's how I did it so quickly though:
- I clicked on the gear icon (settings) and increased the video speed to 1.25 to 1.5.
- When possible, I read the transcript of the video instead of watching it because I can read faster than someone talks. Please note, however, that in some videos, you MUST watch the video because Sophia is showing you how to do something.
What I Liked About Perfecting Pinterest
- Perfecting Pinterest is NOT a rehash of Pinteresting Strategies. In fact, I found almost NO overlap. What Sophia teaches is stuff that was brand new to me—a veteran blogger who's been doing Pinterest marketing since 2016.
- Sophia includes transcripts with EVERY video, so you can read instead of watch. Again, for some videos you MUST watch parts of it because Sophia is showing you how to do something on-screen. When this happens, she actually includes in the transcript which timestamp you can skip to in the video. I REALLY appreciated this because it saved me time. I could read the transcript and then skip ahead to the part where I needed to watch her do something.
- Sophia uses real-life examples and walks you through everything so you truly understand. She isn't about theory. She shows you practical examples.
- Sophia Lee's Pinterest Strategy is truly unique compared to any I have seen before. Remember, I have taken Pinfinite Growth, Pinteresting Strategies, Pinterest Traffic Avalanche, and a PDF resource about Pinterest—and Sophia teaches things I didn't see in those other ones.
- She walks you through EXACTLY how she creates and designs pins for FREE. Other Pinterest courses I've taken do not show you a step-by-step walkthrough about how to create pins. They'll tell you what makes a good pin and what makes a bad pin, but they don't show you strategies for designing pins.
Sophia does. It's basically like sitting with her and watching over her shoulder as she designs new pins for her blog. I found this extremely helpful!
She even shows you how she sources photos LEGALLY to use in her pins. Lots of bloggers make mistakes with the way they source their photos.
- She tells you what works and what doesn't work with pins and titles. Sophia is extremely transparent and generous here. She will tell you little tips and tricks that she and her team have found during Pinterest marketing for her blog, By Sophia Lee.
What I Didn't Like About Perfecting Pinterest
- The refund policy is weak. Almost every online course has a refund policy. Many of them state that you can ask for a refund within 30 or 60 days as long as you show proof that you completed the course, followed the strategies, but STILL didn't get results. I like those kinds of policies because they're a sort of guarantee that you won't waste your time and money and the course creator stands by their product.
Perfecting Pinterest's refund policy is comparatively weak, however. Sophia offers a refund only if you haven't yet gotten passed Module 1. The problem with this is that Module 1 is just introductory stuff. You don't get into the meat of the course until after Module 1, which is, of course, too late to get a refund.
Here is the exact wording of her refund policy as found on the Perfecting Pinterest sales page:
“If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact me within 30 days from enrollment and you can receive a full refund if you have not gone past Unit 1.”
However, it is nice of her to offer a refund at all. It is certainly not required.
- Perfecting Pinterest does NOT come with a Facebook group. It's standard procedure in the online course world to include a private Facebook group with a course. This is typically where you can get one-on-one support from the course creator and bond with fellow students.
Perfecting Pinterest does not have an accompanying Facebook group. BUT, to be honest, I didn't even care or notice at first! I literally only noticed this oddity while writing this Perfecting Pinterest review. I know this might be a con for some of you, but for me, Perfecting Pinterest is priced pretty affordably, and I don't feel like I need a group to join.
By Sophia Lee Income Report: She Made Over $43,000 in May 2020!
If you're still questioning whether Sophia Lee knows her stuff, trust me, her income reports are all the proof you need. She is CRUSHING it with her blog and Pinterest account!
Her Pinterest account gets more than 10 MILLION monthly views. Now, that is NOT the same thing as the number of clicks to her website she gets, but it's a good indicator of how well she's doing. To put that into perspective, I'm currently getting about 5,000 monthly views on my Pinterest account.
Will the By Sophia Lee Pinterest Strategy Work for Me?
I've started implementing the By Sophia Lee Pinterest strategy this past week. So it's too early to tell if it will work for me, but I am confident it will help because it's strategies I haven't yet tried before.
I will be sure to update this post in a month to show you what results I got from using the strategy she teaches in her course.
Other By Sophia Lee Courses
As far as I know, By Sophia Lee has only one other course: Perfecting Blogging. I have not taken this course.
Perfecting Pinterest Review Bottomline: Would I Recommend This Course?
Here is a list of all the Pinterest ebooks and courses I have bought:
- Pinfinite Growth – I bought it for $347
- Pinterest Strategy Guide by The Busy Budgeter – I can’t remember how much I bought it for, but pretty sure it was under $100.
- Pinterest Traffic Avalanche – $197
- Pinteresting Strategies – $57
- Perfecting Pinterest – $129
Perfecting Pinterest is the most recent course I took, and even after taking four Pinterest courses before it, I STILL learned lots of new things.
So if you're around the same level I was (I'd call it intermediate), then YES, Perfecting Pinterest might be a good fit for you.
So, Sophia, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. You're the real deal, and I'm grateful you're willing to share your Pinterest strategy with the world.
I am glad I bought the course. I started implementing the By Sophia Lee Pinterest strategy just a couple of days ago on a new account. I will continue to update this post so you can see my progress!